The Prime Minister of Canada might just make a trip to Parliament for the Raptors slightly redundant, as Justin Trudeau is set to attend the team’s championship parade today.
- Nathan Phillips Square is completely packed in advance of Raptors parade (PHOTOS)
- Where to watch the Toronto Raptors parade if you haven't left home yet
- Downtown TTC buses and streetcars diverted to accommodate Raptors parade on Monday
- Drake and NBA champion Raptors party at Las Vegas nightclub (VIDEOS)
- Raptors NBA Championship win was most-watched NBA game in Canadian history
- Someone flew a drone over Yonge-Dundas Square last night (VIDEO)
With downtown streets already jam packed, the leader of the country will join other notable Canadians — yes, Drake will be there too — at the already-rammed Nathan Phillips Square for the culmination of the event.
Several road closures and TTC diversions are already in effect for the big day, while Nathan Phillips Square is already jam-packed with people waiting to celebrate with their team.
The Raptors celebratory parade will depart from the Princes’ Gates, located at 11 Princes’ Boulevard, at 10 am, before proceeding east on Lakeshore Boulevard to York Street, north on York Street and north on University Avenue before entering Nathan Phillips Square via Queen Street for a celebration rally from 12:30 to 1:30 pm.
If you still haven’t left the home or office yet, but are thinking of entering the fray, here are some prime viewing spots in the city as suggested by Google Maps.
Toronto Raptors NBA Championship Parade – Monday, June 17
10 am – Parade departs Princes’ Gates (gateway at Exhibition Place)
12:30 pm – Parade arrives at Toronto City Hall (Nathan Phillips Square)
12:30 to 1:30 pm – Championship celebration at Nathan Phillips Square
Parade departs Princes’ Gate – 10 am
East on Lakeshore Boulevard to York Street
North on York Street
North on University Avenue
Enter Nathan Phillips Square via Queen Street – 12:30 pm