FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Tuesday is here! It just feels so much better than Monday, doesn’t it? Now we’re into the swing of things again, it’ll be the weekend in no time!
In the meantime, here are five things to do in Vancouver this Tuesday, from a heartbreaking documentary to a pop-up organic market.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: This heartwrenching new documentary, showing at VIFF, is hoping to save lives by finding donors for mixed race cancer patients, whose unique heritage complicates their search for a stem cell or bone marrow transplant donor match.
- First screening: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- Second screening: Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas – 88 W Pender St, Vancouver
- First screening: Tuesday, October 4, at 6:30 pm
- Second screening: Thursday, October 6, at 1 pm
- Tickets: Available at VIFF, first screening $15, second screening $13
- What: Vancouver’s favourite food fest kicks off on Tuesday, in support of Greater Vancouver Food Bank, featuring a series of special collaboration dinners, a food trends panel, a pastry workshop, a Harvest gala, and a Q&A with chef Michael Smith.
- Where: Various venues around Vancouver
- When: From Tuesday, October 4 to Friday, October 7, times vary
- Tickets: Available online, dinner series $135 each, tasting class $35
- What: Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden is in town to celebrate the 20th anniversary of his iconic debut record Everything I Long For, showcasing an eclectic mix of genres, from grunge to alternative country.
- Where: St. James Community Square – 3214 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, October 4, doors 8 pm, show 9 pm
- Tickets: At Live Nation, $35
- What: The Vancouver International Improv Festival returns on Tuesday, offering twice nightly showcases of some of the coolest, newest and best improvisation, by international superstars, local comedy heroes, and new festival ensembles.
- Where: Performance Works – 1218 Cartwright St, Vancouver
- When: From Tuesday, October 4, to Saturday, October 8; showcases at 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm; more shows at other locations too.
- Tickets: Online, $15-$18
- What: A pop-up organic market in two Vancouver locations to benefit the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society. Expect grab-and-go lunches consisting of gourmet sandwiches and salads, as well as pantry bags full of food, and live entertainment.
- Where: Vancouver Art Gallery – 750 Hornby Street, Vancouver, and London Drugs – Granville and West Georgia Streets, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, October 4; 7 am to 3 pm