Surrey RCMP is warning the public of a suspicious person who reportedly followed a young girl as she was walking to school this morning.
Surrey police received a report that an unknown person followed a young girl as she was walking in the 14400 block of 102 Avenue at approximately y 8:15 am, on April 25, 2018.
Police say the unknown individual followed the girl until she caught up with a group of people walking in the area.
Police are continuing their investigation of this incident and a description is not yet available for release.
Surrey RCMP have provided the following tips for public safety:
- Don’t take shortcuts. Use main routes, avoid lanes, forested, or secluded areas
- Walk with friends
- Tell someone where you are going and when you will be back
- Phone home when leaving a friend’s house and say when you will be home
- Don’t assist strangers
- Trust your instincts and your feelings
- Phone if you are going to be delayed, or if your plans change
Anyone with more information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502. Those wanting to make an anonymous can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or www.solvecrime.ca.
- VPD arrest Calgary man after hour-long crime spree
- Police develop 'criminal profile' of Burnaby teen's murderer
- 3 people arrested after late-night robbery in Vancouver