A weather warning is calling for winds of up to 90 km/h across Metro Vancouver starting Tuesday.
The bulletin, issued by Environment Canada, includes the following areas:
- Metro Vancouver – central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
“A rapidly deepening area of low pressure will pass north of Vancouver Island on Tuesday morning while a fast moving cold front crosses the south coast,” notes Environment Canada.
- See also:
“In advance of the cold front, strong sustained southeasterly winds are expected for coastal areas in proximity to the Strait of Georgia and Haro Strait. As the front races across the area, widespread and powerful gusty southerly winds will occur. Gusts in excess of 90 km/h are possible.”