Don’t be surprised if you see some snowfall this Valentine’s Day.
The statement is in effect for the following areas:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
As a low-pressure system approaches the south coast, anywhere between five to 10 cm of snowfall is expected.
Snow is expected to develop this afternoon but, depending on location, will transition into rain overnight or on Friday morning.
Environment Canada stresses the potential for snowfall during the late afternoon and early evening rush hour.
If driving, prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions.
Anyone using public transit may want to give themselves extra time as well.
- Massive $3.5-billion Squamish ski resort aiming for 2025 opening (RENDERINGS)
- Welcome to Venture: Daily Hive’s new home for business and tech
- 'A powerful feeling': Why thousands march through the Downtown Eastside on February 14