The 35th Annual Vancouver Sun Run is taking place this Sunday, April 14 at 9 am, and will impact transit, roads, and may restrict parking and access to and from certain building along the route.
More than 40,000 participants are expected to race down the 10km course which starts at Georgia and Burrard street. Various road closures will be in effect between 5 am and 1:30 pm.
10K Course Map/vancouversunrun.com
Here’s a list of all of the road closures to be on look out for this Sunday:
Downtown Area – Georgia Street
- Seymour to Bute (start area): 5 to 11:30 am
- Bute to the Causeway (including all streets crossing Georgia): 8 to 11 am
- Lions Gate Bridge access from Pender St only: 8 to 11 am
- Howe to Burrard from Dunsmuir to Robson 5 to 11 am
- Denman St – Georgia to Robson 8 to 11 am
- Robson St – west of Denman St to Stanley Park 8 to 11 am
- Beach Avenue, Stanley Park to Hornby St 8:30 to 11:30 am
- Stanley Park Dr. at North Lagoon Dr 6 to 11 am
- Ryan Rd at Park Lane/South Lagoon Dr 6 to 11 am
- Burrard St to Hornby (eastbound lanes) 6 to 12 noon
- Burrard Bridge – closed to all traffic 8 to 12 noon
- Cambie Bridge – closed to all northbound traffic 7:30 to 1 pm
- West 2nd Avenue – Burrard St to Fir St 8:30 to 12 noon
- Fir Street – West 2nd Ave to West 4th Ave 8:30 to 12 noon
- W 4th Avenue/W 6th Avenue – Pine St to Cambie St. 8:30 to 12 noon
Cambie Street at West Broadway
- Closed to all northbound traffic 7:30 to 12 noon
- Eastbound exit ramp from Cambie Bridge 5 to 1:30 pm
- Nelson St to Abbott St 5 to 1:30 pm
- Abbott St to Quebec St 7 to 9 am
Quebec and Carrall Street
- Closed to all traffic 7:30 to 9 am near Expo Blvd and Pacific Blvd
- From Quebec St to Terry Fox Way 7:30 to 9 am
- (Expo – Pacific) 7:30 to 9 am
TransLink is also adding extra service on all modes to get you to the run on time including:
- Expo and Millennium Line trains run half an hour earlier, with first trains leaving between 6:30 and 6:45 am. Service will be running more frequently until 2 pm.
- Canada Line trains start service at 4:48 am as usual, with more frequent service beginning at 7 am.
West Coast Express
- The annual Sun Run Train leaves Mission at 7 am and will arrive at Waterfront Station at 8:15 am
- The train leaves Waterfront on the return trip at 1 pm.
- Eighteen bus routes on and around the Sun Run route will be detoured from start of service until 2 pm.
- Check Trip Planner for exact details.
- Service starts an hour earlier with the first vessel leaving Lonsdale Quay at about 7 a.m. and sailings every 15 minutes until 9 pm.
Good luck to all those participating!