Every November 11 Canadians across the country take time to pay their respects to our fallen soldiers.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, however, the City of Vancouver, as well as organizations like the Royal Canadian Legion BC and Yukon Command, will be holding modified ceremonies.
On Wednesday, November 11, residents are being asked to not visit the traditional ceremony location, and instead tune into a broadcast of the event from their home.
A number of other Metro Vancouver municipalities will also be hosting virtual events and broadcasting them to the public.
Here is what is open and closed in Vancouver on Remembrance Day.
- See also:
- Safeway (regular hours)
- Save-On-Foods (regular hours)
- No Frills (regular hours)
- Whole Foods (regular hours)
- Superstore (regular hours)
- City Market (regular hours)
- Urban Fare (regular hours)
- Walmart (regular hours)
- Costco (regular hours)
- BC Liquor stores (open but with reduced hours)
- Private liquor stores (hours vary depending on store; check websites for details)
- Pacific Centre Mall (open from 11:05 am to 7 pm)
- City Square (open from noon to 5 pm)
- International Village (open from 10 am to 1o pm)
- Kingsgate Mall (open from 11 am 5 pm)
- Oakridge (open from 11:15 am to 6 pm)
- Park Royal (open from 11:15 am to 5 pm)
- Metrotown (open from 11:05 am to 7 pm)
- Carnegie Reading Room (regular hours)
- Post offices operated privately may be open if the host business is open; otherwise, all Canada Post offices will be closed
- All banks are closed on Remembrance Day
- All library branches are closed, except the Carnegie Reading Room
- All government offices are closed
- Most community centres in Vancouver, with the exception of Mount Pleasant and Kerrisdale, are closed (check this list for exact times)
- Some fitness centres in Vancouver are closed (check this list for exact times)
- A number of pools in Vancouver are closed (check this list for exact times)
- Canada Post is closed, except privately operated post offices, which will open according to the hours of the host business