A digital art projection piece will be one of the feature attractions at the free street party along Canada Place Way during Concord’s New Year’s Eve Vancouver.
Festival organizers worked with locally-based Hfour Design Studio and artist Tierney Milne to create the special installation just for this year’s countdown celebration.
“We wanted to combat the dreary, grey days of Vancouver winter with an onslaught of pretty colours,” Ben Cooper with Hfour told Daily Hive.
“Tierney’s artwork has a playful geometric abstraction, and Hfour focused on the bright colours and brought the geometry alive.”
The outdoor art piece will be projected onto a tower located near the 102.7 The PEAK Main Stage – between Canada Place and Vancouver Convention Centre West, where the Premium Indoor Party will be held.
Hfour creates new media installations, and its expertise is in video projections, lighting, and special effects to bring spaces and objects to life in ways that encourage thought and interaction.
“We’re really excited to bring this piece to Vancouver’s New Year’s Eve party,” continued Cooper.
“Projection mapping is growing world wide. We’ve had the pleasure of doing pieces in places such as Shanghai and New York. In Vancouver, projection mapping is still somewhat new. We’re looking forward to people seeing what is possible and getting them excited about this art form.”
Concord’s New Year’s Eve Vancouver’s street party kicks off at 7 pm with two outdoor stages, 20 food trucks, and roving street performers. There will be two fireworks shows: a five-minute Family Fireworks at 9 pm and a spectacular, intense 12-minute Midnight Countdown Fireworks at 12 am sharp.
In addition to the free street party and outdoor fireworks viewing areas, revellers can also take in the festivities at the Premium Indoor Party held inside the Vancouver Convention Centre. There will be live performances and entertainment for adults, and activities and entertainment for families with younger children in the RE/MAX Family Zone.
Additionally, the Premium Indoor Party – including the Family Zone – is the only place that serves liquor at Concord’s NYE Vancouver.
When: From 7 pm on Sunday, December 31, 2017 to 1:30 am on Monday, January 1, 2018
- Free NYE Vancouver Street Party along Canada Place Way: 7 pm to 12:15 am
- Indoor Party at Vancouver Convention Centre West: 7 pm to 1:30 am
- Family Countdown Fireworks: 9 pm
- Midnight Countdown Fireworks: 12 am
Where: Canada Place Way and Coal Harbour, downtown Vancouver
Tickets: Free for free street party. For the indoor party, tickets available at ConcordsNYEVAN.com
- The only indoor New Year's Eve party in Vancouver with fireworks will be lit
- Indoor Family Zone at Concord's New Year's Eve Vancouver's fireworks party gets upgrade
- Concord’s New Year’s Eve Vancouver fireworks returns for spectacular countdown to 2018
- Huge food truck festival coming to Concord's New Year's Eve Vancouver fireworks
- Two fireworks extravaganzas ready for Concord's New Year's Eve Vancouver (PHOTOS)
Daily Hive is a Proud Founding Partner of the Vancouver New Year’s Eve Celebration Society