Canada’s abundance of prime scenery also makes for an abundance of prime filming locations, and now a new study has broken down the top 10 most filmed locations in the country.
The ranking was released by NetCredit, an online financial services provider.
“We’ve identified the ‘that guy’ locations of every country in the world: the landmarks and buildings that have the most movie credits on IMDb,” said NetCredit in its release.
In its method of determining the rankings, NetCredit said it used IMDb Advanced Search to select movies from January 1, 1900, to December 12, 2020 that had data about filming locations.
- See also:
“Then we collected these locations from all the movies in our list and compiled a long list of movie/location pairs,” NetCredit said. “We then counted the number of appearances of each location and separated the locations by countries.”
Here are the top 10 filming locations in Canada:
- Niagara Falls, Ontario,
- Banff National Park, Alberta
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- Riverview Hospital, Coquitlam, BC
- University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- Parkwood Estate, Oshawa, Ontario
- Lower Bay Station, Toronto, Ontario
- Jasper National Park, Alberta
- Vancouver International Airport, Richmond, BC
- Rockwood Conservation Area, Ontario
NetCredit said the data was collected in December 2020.