Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Metro Vancouver ahead of this weekend’s expected snowfall.
The bulletin is in effect for the following areas:
- Metro Vancouver – central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
A ridge of high pressure will bring clear skies and cool conditions throughout the day on Saturday, followed by a low-pressure system and cloudy skies later in the afternoon.
- See also:
“Snow is forecast to begin Saturday night and continue into Sunday,” says Environment Canada. “By Sunday afternoon snow will become mixed with rain in many areas.”
Between 2 to 5 cm of snow is expected for the Lower Mainland and Sunshine Coast; anywhere from 5 to 15 cm is expected for areas of Vancouver Island.