Metro Vancouver is facing another heat wave, according to Environment Canada.
A heat warning was issued this morning for the following areas:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
The statement warns that “Maximum temperatures will reach the upper twenties near the water and the low to mid-thirties inland,” though Vancouverites can look forward to some relief overnight as “minimums will only recover to the mid to upper teens.”
The hot weather is expected to continue until Thursday over the south coast while a “significant cooling will occur on Friday.”
As always, remember to stay hydrated and stay cool when possible.