Some of our city’s most celebrated local chefs have come together to launch a fundraiser to aid the Vancouver Aquarium.
The collective of chefs have made up seafood chowder for this initiative, and it all goes on sale today.
Proceeds from the sale of these batches of sustainable chowder will go towards supporting the Vancouver Aquarium, which still remains in serious risk of bankruptcy and permanent closure amid the ongoing pandemic.
- See also:
Starting May 22, folks can pick up these drool-worthy chowders (fresh or frozen) at each participating chef’s restaurant, location, or a partner location.
The chowders come in 1-litre takeaway containers and are $20 each. A minimum of $15 will go directly to the Vancouver Aquarium.
“Some chefs will serve their chowder in smaller portions as part of their menu (with a minimum of 75% of proceeds to Vancouver Aquarium, although many chefs are being more generous),” read the release.
Here’s where to find these special chowders and do some good for your belly, and the beloved Vancouver Aquarium.
- Chef Rob Clark
- Fish Counter Chowders. Available at The Fish Counter
- Chef Alex Chen
- BLVD Signature Clam Chowder with Maple Cured and Smoked Sablefish. Available at Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar
- Chef Hamid Salimian
- Granville Island Summer Clam Chowder. Available at Popina Canteen
- Chef Amanda Cheng and Chef Makoto Ono
- Mak N Ming Kitsilano Beachside Sake Kasu Rasor Clam Chowder. Available at Mak N Ming
- Chef Welbert Choi
- Hand-shredded BBQ Duck and BC Scallop Chowder. Available at Forage
- Paul Zhang
- Heritage Seafood Coconut Curry. Available at Heritage Asian Eatery
- Chef Chris Andraza
- Fanny Bay West Coast Smoked Oyster Chowder. Available at Fanny Bay Oyster Bar & Shellfish Market
- Chef Poyan Danesh (Ocean Mama Seafood)
- Ocean Mama Ocean Wise Shrimp Chowder. Available at Windsor Meats
- Chef Mark Amos
- Spicy Coconut Corn and Seafood Chowder. Available at Edge Catering
- Chef Mark Greenfield
- Seaside Provisions Style New England Clam Chowder. Available at Seaside Provisions
- Chef Paul Benallick
- Hollyburn Ocean Wise Seafood Chowder. Available to members at Hollyburn Country Club
- Chef Ned Bell and Chef Stacy Johnson (The Naramata Inn)
- Ned and Stacy’s Naramata Inn Smoked Seafood Chowder