Justin Trudeau has been named as one of the world’s top influencers of 2017.
The list, compiled by LinkedIn, used data and editorial signals to uncover which influences had the most impact on the world in 2017.
“We looked at total engagement (specifically the likes, comments and shares across each member’s articles, posts and videos); growth of followers tied to publishing activity; and number of times the Influencer had been featured in editorial channels, a signal of high-quality content,” said LinkedIn.
“They are curating what you need to know to stay ahead when it comes to understanding the world and your career.”
Trudeau is second on the list. According to LinkedIn, the Prime Minister took the top spot for discussing “the the policies his government is putting in place to improve the lives of everyday Canadians — and why that matters around the world.”
Trudeau was the only Canadian to make the list.
Ian Bremmar, President and Founder of the Eurasia Group and GZero Media took the top spot for his influence on business and technology.
- Ian Bremmer -President & Founder, Eurasia Group and GZero Media
- Justin Trudeau – Prime Minister, Canada
- Mohamed El-Erian – Chief Economic Advisor, Allianz
- Liz Ryan – Founder & CEO, Human Workplace
- Sallie Krawcheck – Co-Founder & CEO, Ellevest
- Naomi Simson – Founder, Red Balloon
- Adam Grant – Organizational Psychologist, The Wharton School
- Sanyin Siang – Executive Director, Fuqua/Coach K Center on Leadership and Ethics at Duke University
- Beth Comstock – Vice Chair, GE
- Nicholas Thompson – Editor in Chief, Wired Magazine