FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Look up at the sky over English Bay, and enjoy the show — from your own hassle-free reserved seat!
The Honda Celebration of Light, Vancouver’s annual three-night fireworks spectacular, kicks off at the end of this month for its 28th year.
The international fireworks competition starts every night at 10 pm, rain or shine, and represent the peak of Vancouver’s lively summertime atmosphere. This year’s participants are South Africa (Saturday, July 28), Sweden (Wednesday, August 1), and South Korea (Saturday, August 4).
However, this festival is more than just fireworks, as there is ample pre-fireworks entertainment and activities such as free concerts, sponsor activations, food trucks, and even air shows all three nights. The air show on Wednesday will be super-sized as the Canadian Forces Snowbirds squadron will also be participating.
As a Proud Media Sponsor, Daily Hive will be giving away four tickets to readers to enjoy the Honda Celebration of Light’s YVR Observation Deck — a grandstand seating area next to the English Bay bathhouse. This is an all-ages licensed area with a bar, and it is the perfect spots for optimum fireworks and people watching.
To enter for your chance to win a package of 4 tickets (total value $176) to the YVR Observation Deck at this year’s Honda Celebration Of Light, do at least one of the following:
- Follow Honda Celebration of Light on Instagram (1 entry) @CelebofLight and leave a comment below on this article for 1 entry.
- Share your favourite Honda Celebration of Light memory in a tweet and include the handles (1 entry): @CelebOfLight and @DailyHiveVan
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on July 15, 2018. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter by.
Schedule and nations:
- Saturday, July 28: South Africa, represented by Fireworks for Africa
- Wednesday, August 1: Sweden, represented by Unique Pyrotechnic
- Saturday, August 4: South Korea, represented by Daehan Fireworks Co.
Time: 10 pm to 10:25 pm (25-minute duration each night). Rain or shine. Music simulcast on radio station LG 104.3 FM.
Location: English Bay, Vancouver
Tickets: Available via the Honda Celebration of Light
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of the Honda Celebration of Light
- 5 things to do at the 2018 Honda Celebration of Light fireworks festival
- Honda Celebration of Light 2018 participating countries announced
- Honda Celebration of Light 2018 includes live music during new Z Fest
- Japan wins 2017 Honda Celebration of Light fireworks competition
- Relive all three nights of the 2017 Honda Celebration of Light fireworks (VIDEOS)