The charity organization that feeds about 28,000 residents in Metro Vancouver is relocating its operations out of the city of Vancouver.
Greater Vancouver Food Bank (GVFB) announced today it will be moving its warehouse and headquarters to 8345 Winston Street in Burnaby, located near SkyTrain’s Production Way-University Station and a Costco store.
- Metro Vancouver's industrial space shortage hits new record lows
- Vancouver industrial space rentals see world's largest rate increase
- Metro Vancouver's industrial space shortage could force companies to relocate to other provinces
- Construction begins on Metro Vancouver's largest industrial campus
- Commercial-industrial building with green roof being built in East Vancouver
This new location, owned by Beedie, meets the food bank’s minimum space requirements of 30,000 sq. ft. of warehouse space and 7,000 sq. ft. of office space.
Currently, the food bank leases a 38,000-sq-ft space at 1150 Raymur Avenue — in East Vancouver’s Strathcona district — owned by Boffo Developments, but the lease on this location ends on June 30 of this year.
Current location at 1150 Raymur Avenue, Vancouver
New location at 8345 Winston Street, Burnaby
The GVFB depends on a warehouse space for its primary food collection and sorting operations.
A ‘Fill the Warehouse Event’ is planned for September 2019, and the charity does not expect any interruption to its services and programs during its transition.