For most people, it’s likely that receiving a distracted driving ticket and a sizeable fine would be enough to encourage them to put their phone away while driving.
That was not the case for the driver of a rental car in Vancouver on Wednesday.
In fact, it seems one ticket in one evening just wasn’t enough for the motorist.
The first incident took place in the 2500 block of Granville Street, when the driver was stopped and ticketed for distracted driving.
Eight minutes later and less than six blocks away, the very same motorist was caught and ticketed for the very same thing.
Total fines against the driver amounted to $736.
The VPD tweeted the result of the incident.
— @VPDTraffic (@VPDTrafficUnit) September 21, 2017
As for whether the driver got the message the second time, well, we can only hope.
- Snacking while driving in BC could result in a $368 fine
- Shaving while driving in Alberta could result in a $287 fine
- Distracted driver hit with ticket after snapping selfie behind the wheel
- Tougher penalties, higher fines implemented for distracted driving
- 99% of British Columbian drivers think they are good drivers: survey