Some fans of Tom Hanks may be too young to have seen some of his best movies when they came out in theatres, but, thanks to Cineplex’s new Hanksfest, they’ll finally have that chance.
Four of the critically-acclaimed actor’s classic characters will be back on the big screen this summer, with Forrest Gump, Big, Apollo 13, and A League of Their Own all set to return to theatres throughout Canada.
- Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok and the Canadian visual effects that recreated Super Hero reality
- Deadpool 2 added over 3,000 local jobs to the BC economy
- The House of Commons passes Canada's Cannabis Act
“Tom Hanks has consistently given acclaimed performances throughout his long career while remaining a relatable and admired individual off-screen,” said Brad LaDouceur, Vice President of Event Cinema Cineplex, in a release.
“With such an impressive filmography, we thought it fitting to create Hanksfest as a tribute to his work that audiences across Canada can enjoy.”
The first of the four movies, A League of Their Own, will be shown in select Canadian theatres from July 6 to 12. Big will run July 13 to 19, Apollo 13 from July 20 to 26, and Forrest Gump will be in theatres from July 27 to August 2.
Admission to the Hanksfest films will cost movie-goers either $6.99, or $5 per movie if purchasing for three or more films.
When: From July 6 to August 2, 2o18
Time: Times vary, check your local movie theatre’s showtimes for more info
Price: $6.99, or $5 per movie if seeing three or more
- Cinéma Banque Scotia Montréal – 977 rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest, Montréal
- Cinéma Cineplex Odeon Quartier Latin – 350 rue Emery, Montréal
Toronto and surrounding area
- Cineplex Cinemas Fairview Mall – 1800 Sheppard Avenue East, Unit Y007, Toronto
- Cineplex Odeon Eglinton Town Centre Cinemas – 22 Lebovic Avenue, Toronto
- Cineplex Cinemas Queensway and VIP – 1025 The Queensway, Etobicoke
- SilverCity Richmond Hill Cinemas – 8725 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill
- Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas and VIP – 10 Dundas Street East, Suite 402, Toronto
- Cineplex VIP Cinemas Don Mills – Shops at Don Mills, 12 Marie Labatte Road, Unit B7, Toronto
Vancouver and surrounding area
- SilverCity Metropolis Cinemas – 4700 Kingsway, Burnaby
- SilverCity Riverport Cinemas – 14211 Entertainment Way, Richmond
- SilverCity Coquitlam and VIP Cinemas – 170 Schoolhouse Street, Coquitlam
- Cineplex Cinemas Langley – #20090, 91A Avenue, Langley
- Cineplex Odeon Park & Tilford Cinemas – 200-333 Brooksbank Avenue, N. Vancouver
- The Park Theatre – 3440 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- Cineplex Odeon Eau Claire Market Cinemas – Eau Claire Market, 200 Barclay Parade SW
- Scotiabank Theatre Chinook – 6455 Macleod Trail SW