The annual Ocean Wise National Chowder Chowdown Festival has officially returned to cities across Canada this month, and that means from now until February 28, folks across the country can get in on some deliciousness.
This year, chowder lovers from Prince Rupert, BC, to Summerville, Nova Scotia, can get a taste of the grub featured in this now-national sustainable seafood fundraiser for the Ocean Wise Seafood program.
- See also:
The celebration of all things sustainable seafood chowder is doing things a little differently this year to ensure it is COVID-19 friendly in all aspects.
Patrons can head to participating restaurants and locations near them to purchase some chowder (or order takeout/delivery where available). A portion of the proceeds from each bowl will go towards supporting the not-for-profit program.
Here are the participating restaurants where you can get some grub as a part of the Chowder Chowdown Festival in Vancouver and Metro Vancouver.
- 1931 Gallery Bistro, Chef Gleb Podshibyakin – “Bistro Chowder” (Vancouver, BC)
- Edge Catering, Chef Jasmin Porcic – “BC Carpet Shell Clam Chowder with Maple Smoked Turkey Bacon” (Vancouver, BC)
- Fanny Bay Oyster Bar, Chef Tommy Shorthouse – “Manila Clam and Sweet Corn Chowder” (Vancouver, BC)
- Holts Cafe Vancouver, Chef Aaron Hoffman – “Gulf Island Chowder” (Vancouver, BC)
- Intercity Packers – “The DIY Pacific Chowder Kit” (Richmond, BC)
- Little Mexico Cantina, Chef Chris Andraza – “Sopa De Donadores” (Richmond, BC)
- Organic Ocean x Ocean Mama, Chef Poyan Danesh – “Organic Ocean’s Sensual Smoked Sablefish Chowder” (Vancouver, BC)
- Pajo’s Fish & Chips, Chef Tia Litz – “Pajo’s Signature Seafood Chowder” (Steveston Wharf, Garry Point Park, Rocky Point Park, BC)
- Showcase Restaurant at Marriott Vancouver Downtown, Chef Jesse Hochhausen – “Yellow Thai Curry Prawn Chowder, Crispy Shallots, Chili Oil and Cilantro” (Vancouver, BC)
- Shuck Shuck, Chef Shannon Boyle – “Give Two Shucks Oyster Chowder” (Vancouver, BC)
- Stanley Park Brewing Restaurant & Brewpub, Chef Nathan Taylor – “You’ve Been Schooled” (Vancouver, BC)
- The Vancouver Fish Company, Chef Markus Rule – “Taste of Anacortes” (Vancouver, BC)
When: February 1 to 28, 2021
Where: Participating locations across Canada
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsored of the Ocean Wise National Chowder Chowdown Festival.