After much anticipation, the Fraser Valley’s newest sunflower festival opens today to the public.
The event is held at the same location as Tulips of the Valley, at 41310 Yale Road, and boasts more than five acres of sunflowers in full bloom.
- A one-acre show garden with 15 varieties of sunflowers
- Three-acres filled with giant sunflowers
- One-acre of traditional orange and yellow sunflowers
- Sunrich Orange sunflowers that visitors can pick and take home
- Cut sunflowers and field flowers for sale
- Sunflower-inspired gifts and on-site-grown tulip and daffodil bulbs
And what celebration would be complete without an array of props and landmarks for some much-needed photo ops. Swing sets, a windmill, and a vintage bicycle will accompany the gorgeous flowers on location.
On-leash pets will be welcome into the vicinity, with a drinking area and complimentary pick-up bags available 0n-site.
Tickets can be purchased online with prices starting at $6 for adults on weekdays and $10 on weekends.
Where: 41310 Yale Road, Chilliwack
Time: Monday to Thursday, 10 am to sunset; Friday to Sunday, 30 minutes before sunrise to sunset
When: Wednesday, August 22 to Sunday, September 16, 2018 (estimated)
Admission: Tickets can be purchased online starting at $6 for adults