Your winter flights to Edmonton just got a lot cheaper.
Swoop, Canada’s ultra-low-cost carrier, is hosting a one-day sale on flights across Canada and the United States. Until 10:59 pm PST today, you can fly from Abbotsford to Edmonton for as low as $29 one-way.
Flights are available in mid-December as well as January to April of 2020. The trip can also be made a roundtrip for as low as $41, bringing a roundtrip to less than $80 after taxes.
Prices around this time of year range from $150 to well over $300. Each leg of the flight is approximately 90 minutes in duration.
Keep in mind, however, that Swoop is WestJet’s ultra-low-cost carrier (ULCC).
This means you’re just paying for your seat and are only allowed one personal item. This item must fit under the seat and is limited to the following size: 41 cm x 15 cm x 33 cm (16″ x 6″ x 13″).
Additional carry-on or checked luggage will cost you, depending on where you purchase the added features. The cheapest option is to pay for checked luggage at the time of booking, which will cost between $35 and $40.
- Nordstrom Rack opening its first store location in Metro Vancouver
- 5 tips to make the most of your Black Friday shopping
- Metropolis at Metrotown is having a massive mall-wide Black Friday sale
- This year’s top Black Friday and Cyber Monday travel deals
- The hottest Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals in Canada
Here’s how to book the flight:
1. Visit the Swoop website.
2. Enter Abbotsford (YXX) and Edmonton (YEG) as your departure and return destinations.
3. Select dates from the calendar. You’ll want to find a departure price of $29. Return flights can be found for as low as $49 (they’ll show up as $41 when picking your flight time).