There’s an entirely different feeling surrounding the Vancouver Canucks as they get set to begin their 50th anniversary season next week.
Hope. Optimism. Excitement.
These are all things the Canucks have been short on since they lost Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final in 2011.
This year feels different though.
While they’re still not a betting favourite to make the playoffs, they’re not far off. Their young core of Elias Pettersson, Brock Boeser, Bo Horvat, and Quinn Hughes — not to mention a trio of key offseason acquisitions in TJ Miller, Micheal Ferland, and Tyler Myers — has fans excited.
That’s being reflected on the secondary market, according to ticket reselling platform StubHub.
Ticket sales on StubHub for Canucks home games are up 82%, which is the largest growth among all teams in Canada. The Canucks are now the third most in-demand team in Canada, placing behind the Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens.
- See also:
Not surprisingly, the most in-demand game for the Canucks this year is their February 12 matchup against the Chicago Blackhawks. That’s the same night the Canucks will honour Daniel and Henrik Sedin, raising No. 22 and 33 to the rafters at Rogers Arena. The lowest ticket price on StubHub for that game is currently listed $248 CAD (including fees).
Most in-demand Canucks games this season:
- Chicago Blackhawks on February 12
- Philadelphia Flyers on October 12
- Los Angeles Kings on October 9
- Toronto Maple Leafs on December 10
- Washington Capitals on October 25
The hottest ticket in the NHL for a third straight year is found in Las Vegas, with a number of fans willing to pay for tickets on the secondary market to see the Golden Knights.
The largest year-over-year growth in ticket sales belongs to the Stanley Cup champion St Louis Blues (277%), who place just ahead of the Golden Knights (252%), and New Jersey Devils (201%).
Here are some more stats for the upcoming season, with data provided by StubHub:
Most in-demand NHL teams
- Vegas Golden Knights
- New York Rangers
- Boston Bruins
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Toronto Maple Leafs
Most in-demand Canadian NHL teams
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Montreal Canadiens
- Vancouver Canucks
- Edmonton Oilers
- Calgary Flames
- Winnipeg Jets
- Ottawa Senators
Most in-demand NHL games
- Washington Capitals at St. Louis Blues on October 2
- Winnipeg Jets at New York Rangers on October 3
- Toronto Maple Leafs at Montreal Canadiens on October 26
- San Jose Sharks at Vegas Golden Knights on October 2
- Nashville Predators at Dallas Stars (Winter Classic) on January 1
Most in-demand NHL home games for Canadian teams
- Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs on October 26
- Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens on October 5
- Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks on February 12
- Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks on October 2
- Calgary Flames vs Vancouver Canucks on October 5
- Winnipeg Jets vs Toronto Maple Leafs on January 2
- Ottawa Senators vs New York Rangers on October 5