If your dream was to play in the NHL, but you never made it, we may have found the next best thing.
The Vancouver Canucks’ Game Entertainment department is looking for some new recruits to help out during home games and special events.
The job posting states that the Canucks are looking for outgoing and confident performers for the position of “Legends Big Head Mascot.” Successful applicants will suit up in hockey equipment while wearing a giant head, racing around the ice to the delight of fans in this new intermission entertainment idea.
Here’s a look at legends in Stan Smyl, Markus Naslund, and Pavel Bure costumes, hanging out with the Canucks mascot Fin:
The job is an hourly, part-time, event-based position. Successful candidates will be selected after on-ice auditions.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with on-ice set-up and execution of intermission games and contests
- Provide on-ice assistance during games and other events
- Participate in entertainment elements of Canucks home games and other events, including in-stand promotions and concourse activities
- Attend and participate in community events on non-game days as available
Required experience and qualifications:
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Must be a competent skater in hockey skates and have a high level of physical fitness
- Must be able to handle props and tools while skating (participation in on-ice auditions is required)
- Must be friendly, approachable, outgoing, and confident and enjoy working with fans of all ages
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays (10 NHL home games and at least six community events) for performances and in-game promotions, as required by team schedule
- Knowledge of and a passion for professional hockey would be an asset
Click here for full details and information on how to apply.