Man and woman facing manslaughter charges after Burnaby attack

Nov 20 2017, 6:39 pm

A man and a woman have been charged with manslaughter in connection with a homicide in Burnaby earlier this year.

On July 12, at 2:24 pm,  Burnaby RCMP was called to a Starbucks in the 6500-block of Hastings Street.

Upon their arrival, they found a man who had been attacked. The man, identified as Michael Page-Vincelli, was taken to hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries.

The the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT)  was then called and took over the case.

Now, two people are facing charges in connection with his death.

This past weekend, charges of manslaughter were approved against charges against 40-year-old Lawrence Alvin Sharpe and 35-year-old Oldouz Pournouruz.

“While this investigation is now before the courts, I can confirm that it was not a random act” said  Cpl. Frank Jang of IHIT.

Police said the pair were arrested without incident and are scheduled to appear in court today.

See also