The BC SPCA’s annual Treat Week is returning next month, which means participants across the province are gearing up to bake or buy treats and give them away in exchange for a donation to help give animals to a better life.
This year, a special recipe book is being released to inspire bakers and animal lovers to get involved in the fundraiser, which takes place from February 24 to March 1, 2020.
- See also:
For 2020, participants who kick-off their fundraising with a self-donation of $25 or more will receive an e-book.
This book features both sweet and savoury recipes from some notable local chefs, restaurants, and bloggers, like The Great Canadian Baking Show Judge Bruno Feldeisen and Fanny Lam of Vancouver’s Oh Sweet Day!.
“We have such a great line-up of well-known food experts contributing to this and we are very grateful for their involvement,” says BC SPCA’s Tess Repenning. “There is definitely something here to tempt every taste bud.”
Last year over $200,000 was raised during Treat Week, funds the BC SPCA used to find homes for abandoned, neglected or abused animals, and provide emergency care to injured animals.
We’ll keep you posted as more details are released about the participants in Treat Week, but for now, be sure to register and get this sweet e-book ahead of February 24.
Here are some other ways you can get involved:
- Register for FREE at treatweek.ca
- Customize your Personal Fundraising Page online and ask your friends, family and colleagues to support your fundraising efforts.
- Send your friends and family an email through your fundraising page, encouraging them to show their support by donating online.
- Plan your Treat Week event for home, work, school or wherever you think people would love to indulge in treats.
- Hold your Treat Week Party between February 24 and March 1 or any day in January or February that works for you.
- Bake, make, decorate and eat!
When: February 24 to March 1, 2020
Where: Multiple venues around Vancouver