BC sees 1,785 new reported COVID-19 cases on Tuesday
Dec 29 2021, 12:53 am
The province provided a brief and partial update to the COVID-19 situation in the province on Tuesday, December 28, sharing new preliminary COVID-19 case counts.
There were 1,785 new cases of COVID-19. Here they are broken down by health region:
- Fraser Health: 791 new cases
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 400 new cases
- Interior Health: 269 new cases
- Northern Health: 42 new cases
- Island Health: 283 new cases
- Outside of Canada: no new cases
These latest infections bring the total recorded cases in the province to 243,731.
There is no data available on how many of these cases are Omicron variants.
- You might also like:
- Vancouver Coastal Health changes COVID testing guidance to "preserve capacity"
- Experts warn rapid antigen tests have "reduced sensitivity" for detecting Omicron
- BC records 6,288 COVID-19 cases over three-day Christmas period
The Ministry of Health is set to return to its full regular COVID-19 data reporting on Wednesday, December 29 when Minister of Health Adrian Dix and provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry are giving a live update.