BC health officials report 45 new COVID-19 cases on Friday
BC health officials announced 45 new test-positive COVID-19 cases on Friday, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the province to 148,031.
In a written statement, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix said that there are 661 active cases of COVID-19 in the province. Of the active cases, 73 individuals are currently hospitalized, 19 of whom are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
- See also:
New cases, as well as total active cases, broken down by health region, are as follows:
- Fraser Health: Eight new cases, 170 total active cases
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 14 new cases, 248 total active cases
- Interior Health: 19 new cases, 181 total active cases
- Northern Health: No new cases, 30 total active cases
- Island Health: Four new cases, 21 total active cases
- Outside of Canada: No new cases, 11 total active cases
There have been no new COVID-19-related deaths, for a total of 1,760 deaths in British Columbia.
To date, 78.6% of all eligible people 12 and over have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. In total, 5,559,029 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in BC, 1,915,919 of which are second doses.
145,594 people who tested positive have now recovered.