BC health officials announced another 59 new test-positive COVID-19 cases on Thursday, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the province to 147,915.
In a written statement, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix said that there are 649 active cases of COVID-19 in the province. Of the active cases, 74 individuals are currently hospitalized, 19 of whom are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
- See also:
New cases, as well as total active cases, broken down by health region, are as follows:
- Fraser Health: 21 new cases, 175 total active cases
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 10 new cases, 236 total active cases
- Interior Health: 19 new cases, 175 total active cases
- Northern Health: Two new cases, 30 total active cases
- Island Health: Seven new cases, 22 total active cases
- Outside of Canada: No new cases, 11 total active cases
There has been one new COVID-19-related death in Interior Health, for a total of 1,760 deaths in British Columbia.
To date, 78.4% of all eligible people 12 and over have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. In total, 5,550,198 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in BC, 1,854,387 of which are second doses.
145,491 people who tested positive have now recovered.