BC health officials announced 46 new test-positive COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the province to 147,797.
In a written statement, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix said that there are 602 active cases of COVID-19 in the province. Of the active cases, 87 individuals are currently hospitalized, 22 of whom are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
- See also:
New cases, as well as total active cases, broken down by health region are as follows:
- Fraser Health: 15 new cases, 179 total active cases
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 13 new cases, 220 total active cases
- Interior Health: 13 new cases, 154 total active cases
- Northern Health: Two new cases, 29 total active cases
- Island Health: Three new cases, 12 total active cases
There have been no new COVID-19-related deaths, for a total of 1,759 deaths in British Columbia.
To date, 78.1% of all eligible people 12 and over have received their first dose of the COVID-19. In total, 5,333,259 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in BC, 1,714,394 of which are second doses.
145,420 people who tested positive have now recovered.