BC health officials announced 45 new test-positive COVID-19 cases on Friday, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the province to 148,331.
In a written statement, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix said that there are 652 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
- See also:
Of the active cases, 60 individuals are currently hospitalized, 12 of whom are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
New and total active cases, broken down by health region, are as follows:
- Fraser Health: 13 new cases, 163 total active cases
- Vancouver Coastal Health: Eight new cases, 259 total active cases
- Interior Health: 21 new cases, 164 total active cases
- Northern Health: One new case, 29 total active cases
- Island Health: Two new cases, 30 total active cases
- Outside of Canada: No new cases, seven total active cases
There have been no new COVID-19-related deaths, for a total of 1,761 deaths in British Columbia.
To date, 80.6% of all eligible people 12 and over have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. In total, 5,787,271 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in BC, 2,301,322 of which are second doses.
145,908 people who tested positive have now recovered.