Jack Poole Plaza at the Vancouver Convention Centre is set to become a hub for celebration and entertainment over the next 10 days for the Americas Masters Games.
Beginning on Saturday, August 27 to Sunday, September 4, there will be festivities and activities daily at the plaza from noon to 10 pm. It begins with free yoga at noon followed by the opening of a beer garden at 1 pm, with daily Games highlights and presentations between 6 and 7 pm.
There will also be DJs and live entertainment from some of Vancouver’s top local bands each night.
- 5,000 athletes to compete in Americas Masters Games in Vancouver
- Vancouver Olympic Cauldron to be relit tonight for Americas Masters Games
Over 5,000 athletes aged 30 and over from more than 50 countries are in Vancouver to compete in 22 sports at venues across the city.
The Opening Ceremony from 6 to 9:30 pm on August 27 kicks off the festivities an athlete’s march, official speeches, First Nations blessing and presentation, raising of the IMGA flag, athlete’s oath, and the relighting of the Olympic Cauldron.
Americas Masters Games Vancouver 2016 Free Concerts
When: Daily from Saturday, August 27 to Sunday, September 4 (except on September 1)
Where: Jack Poole Plaza at the Vancouver Convention Centre (1055 Canada Place, Vancouver)
- August 27 at 8 pm: Famous Players Band (after the Opening Ceremony)
- August 28 at 8 pm: Willa
- August 29 at 7:30 pm: Taylor James
- August 29 at 8:30 pm: Quickness
- August 30 at 8 pm: The Boom Booms
- August 31 at 7:30 pm: Scott Shea
- August 31 at 8:30 pm: Locked and Loaded
- September 1 at 8 pm: no bands, DJ O electronic dance music and deep house
- September 2 at 7:30 pm: The Undercovers
- September 2 at 8:30 pm: CocoJafro
- September 3 at 8 pm: Gay Nineties
- September 4: no band