There are plans to build a new mixed-use commercial building at 1308 Adanac Street in East Vancouver that caters to tech companies and creative industries.
Local developer Alliance Partners will be developing a corner site at the intersection of Adanac Street and Clark Drive into a 55,000-sq-ft building with multi-functional industrial and office uses across all five floors.
This includes 31,000 sq. ft. of light industrial space and 15,000 sq. ft. of office space.
The building will be spacious and naturally lit with high ceilings and many windows, breaking the traditional industrial building concept.
Building tenants will have access to a generous 5,000-sq-ft rooftop patio for their own leisure purposes or for private events.
The building will reach completion in 2020.
Other redevelopments planned for the immediate area include a 38-unit secured market rental housing building at 1680 Adanac Street and a 37-unit family-oriented residential building at 1134 East Georgia Street.
- Rental housing building proposed for corner of Commercial Drive and Adanac Street
- Kettle Boffo Commercial Drive housing project cancelled over city's fee demands
- Family-sized homes and social housing proposed for Strathcona area
- Commercial-Broadway Station retail buildings sold for $36 million
- New office and industrial building proposed for Vancouver's Railtown
- Construction begins on Bench Railtown office building