Just in time for bulking season, Winterlicious is gearing up to return to Toronto.
The popular food-focused event returns from January 31 to February 13, 2020, featuring both a Culinary Event Series and Prix Fixe Promotion. And reservations open this week, on January 16.
“Winterlicious is a great time for residents to experience our unique and delicious food scene and to try new restaurants in the city,” said Mayor John Tory, in a release.
The series “has become a celebration of Toronto’s reputation as a culinary hub around the world, and the many highly-rated restaurants and chefs that call Toronto home,” he said.
And there really is an excellent selection.
The Winterlicious 2020 Culinary Event Series features 14 eclectic and exciting food experiences to choose from, including:
- David Gibson’s Favourites: A Farmhouse Supper, Gibson House Museum on
January 31 and February 7
- Edible History – Taste Where Toronto All Began, St. Lawrence Market on January 31, February 2, 7, 8, and 9
- Afternoon Tea at the Castle, Casa Loma on February 1, 2, 8, and 9
- The Pleasure of Survival, Palais Royale on February 1
- A Chocolate Tasting Affair, Crimson Teas on February 2, 6, 8, and 13
- Feed Your Soul – A Louisiana Culinary Experience, Cirillo’s Academy on February 3
- Feast by the Fire, Babel on February 4
- The Art of Pizza Making, Cibo Wine Bar Yorkville on February 4
- Dinner with the Mackenzies, Mackenzie House on February 5, 12, and 13
- The Austins Entertain, Spadina Museum on February 6
- Historic Tavern Meal, Montgomery’s Inn Museum on February 8
- Hungry for Comfort: Surviving a Canadian Winter, Fort York National Historic Site on February 9
- Scotch Tasting Dinner, David Duncan House, February 10 and 12
- Tequila Tasting Dinner with chef Claudio Aprile, Xango on February 11
Many of these events sell out quickly, so make sure you get your tickets fast.
- See also:
There will also be more than 200 restaurants offering prix-fixe lunch and dinner menus for the duration of the event, including Bar Buca, East Thirty-Six, Pukka and Wish. Lunch menus will be priced at $23, $28, and $33 and dinner menus at $33, $43, and $53.
From January 16, you’ll be able to book your table online or over the phone with your restaurant of choice.
Get excited about some delicious prix-fixe, and make sure you hop on those culinary event tickets. They’re sure to sell like hotcakes.
When: January 31 to February 13
Where: Restaurants across Toronto