It’s almost the long weekend!
As usual, weekends in the city means a bunch of road closures. And this long weekend is no exception. In fact, there are quite a few throughout the weekend with plenty of special events taking place in and around the city.
For anyone driving in the city, be sure to give yourself some extra time to get to your destination.
Here are all of this weekend’s road closures:
Canada Days at Nathan Phillips Square
A series of roads will be closed for the Canada Days festival at Nathan Phillips Square. These roads include:
• Bay Street between Dundas Street and Queen Street on June 30, July 2 and July 3 from 9 pm to midnight and on July 1 from noon to 1 am
• Elizabeth Street, Hagerman Street and Albert Street on June 30, July 2 and July 3 from 9 pm to midnight and on July 1 from noon to 1 am due to the nightly fireworks display
• Queen Street from Yonge Street to University Avenue on July 1 from 5 pm to 1 am
• Bay Street between Queen Street and Richmond Street on July 1 from 5 pm to 1 am
• York Street between Queen Street and Richmond Street (local traffic only) on July 1 from 5 pm to 1 am
Additional road closures may be required to manage pedestrian traffic during the event.
Canada Days at Scarborough Civic Centre
• Borough Drive between Borough Approach East and Borough Approach West will be closed from June 29 at 8 am to July 2 at 8 am.
Canada Day Parade in Scarborough
• Brimley Road will be closed from Progress Avenue to Ellesmere Road on July 1 from 11 am to 7 pm and from Ellesmere Road to Lawrence Avenue from 4 pm to 7 pm
• Ellesmere Road will be closed on July 1 from Midland Avenue to McCowan Road from 4 pm to 5 pm.
Canada Days at Mel Lastman Square
• The Yonge Street southbound lanes between Park Home Avenue and North York Boulevard on July 1 from 8 am to 1 am.
• The Yonge Street northbound lanes between Elmwood Avenue and Empress Avenue on July 1 from noon to 1 am.
Canada Days at Humber Bay Park West
• Humber Bay Park Road West (south of Lakeshore Boulevard West) on July 1 from 8 am to 1 am.
Canada Day Celebration at Queen’s Park
• Queen’s Park/Queen’s Park Circle from College Street to Bloor Street will be closed on Saturday, July 1 from 6 am to 7 pm.
East York Canada Day
The following roads will be closed on July 1 from 7 am to midnight:
• Cosburn Avenue will be closed from Cedarvale Avenue to Oak Park Road.
• Virginia Avenue will be closed from Cedarvale Avenue to Cosburn Avenue.
• Gledhill Avenue from Holborne Avenue to Cosburn Avenue.