Protesters will descend upon TTC stations all across Toronto on Tuesday for transit advocate group TTCRiders’ Transit Action Day.
The protesters will set up shop at thirteen different TTC stations at various points throughout the day to call on federal party leaders to commit to permanent transit funding.
“If federal parties don’t commit to emergency funding, TTC could cut service & increase fares,” TTCRiders wrote in a tweet.
📣 TRANSIT ACTION DAY 📣 Join us at a #TTC stop near you! Tuesday September 14
SIGN UP to help 1000s of riders take action: https://t.co/GEN0xXcQXs
— TTCriders (@ttcriders) September 10, 2021
The transit advocates are also calling for lower fares and better service. According to the TTCRiders’ tweet, they are expecting thousands of riders to come out and take action.
- See also:
The stations involved in the day of action, and the times that the protesters will be there, are:
- Spadina Station (8 am – 9 am)
- Kipling Station (8 am – 9 am)
- Scarborough Centre Station (8:30 am – 9:30 am)
- Main Street Station (10 am – 10:30 am)
- Victoria Park & Craighton Drive (10:30 am – 11 am)
- Sheppard-Yonge Station (12:30 pm – 1:30 pm)
- McCowan and Finch East (3:15 pm – 4 pm)
- Bathurst Station (4 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Donlands Station (5 pm – 6 pm)
- Kennedy and Ellesmere Road (5:30 pm – 6 pm)
- Neilson and McLevin Road ( 6:30 pm – 7 pm)
- Jane and Finch – Corner Commons (4 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Military Trail and Ellesmere – University of Toronto Scarborough Campus (1:30 pm – 2 pm)