Another weekend, another TTC closure to prepare for.
This Saturday and Sunday, the TTC is closing the portion of Line 2 between St George and Woodbine stations for track work. As a result, 12 stations will be closed.
According to the TTC, shuttle buses will run along Bloor Street and Danforth Avenue, stopping at each station along the route.
TTC staff will be on hand to direct customers to the appropriate shuttle locations, which will vary from station to station.
Bay, Chester, and Sherbourne stations will be closed, but all other stations will remain open for access to Line 1, surface routes and fare sales.
- TTC’s “aven-OO” announcement pronunciation on buses has been fixed
- TTC streetcar spotted in the middle of an Ontario forest (PHOTOS)
- Conservatives pledge to fund expansion of 2 Toronto subway lines
Wheel-Trans will be available upon request from any station throughout the weekend and customers can speak with a TTC staff member for more information about service frequency.
To reduce congestion and help improve travel times on Danforth Avenue during the subway closure, parking will be temporarily restricted near key intersections including:
- Broadview Avenue/Danforth Avenue
- Chester Avenue/Danforth Avenue
- Pape Avenue/Danforth Avenue
- Donlands Avenue/Danforth Avenue
- Linnsmore Crescent/Danforth Avenue
- Coxwell Avenue/Danforth Avenue
- Woodbine Avenue/Danforth Avenue
Parking restrictions will be in effect from 6 am on Saturday, to 2:30 am on Sunday and from 7:30 am on Sunday to 2:30 am on Monday.
This post has been updated to show that 12 stations will be closed, a previous version listed only 10.