If you’re heading out this weekend and planning to taking transit, you might want to plan ahead.
As previously reported, the TTC has scheduled closures planned throughout the year. And this weekend is one of the scheduled closures on a major line.
On April 1 and 2, crews will be working on the tracks on Line 1, Yonge-University line, between King and St Andrew stations, requiring that portion to be closed.
There will be no shuttle buses running at the time. Transit riders looking to travel northbound on either the Yonge or University portions are encouraged to use the PATH or take the 504 King streetcar between stations.
Wheel-Trans will operate between King and St Andrew stations for customers requiring an accessible connection.
Regular service for Line 1 resumes Monday at 6 a.m.
Besides the subway closure, the TTC will be diverting all 501 Queen streetcars this weekend for track work at Bay and Queen.
From Friday, Mar. 31 at 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday, and again next weekend from Fri., Apr. 7 at 8 p.m. until Mon., Apr. 10 at 5 a.m., 501 Queen streetcars will run as follows:
– Eastbound streetcars will divert via Spadina Ave., King and Church Sts.
– Westbound streetcars will divert via Church, King and York streets.
Shuttle buses will operate between Jarvis and Bathurst streets for customers requiring travel along Queen St.
The next scheduled subway closures are:
– Apr. 8-9 – Line 1: Downsview to St George stations work on the automated train control (ATC) system
– Apr. 22-23 – Line 3 Scarborough for track and life extension work
– Apr. 29-30 – Line 1: Downsview to St George for ATC work