The 43rd-annual Toronto International Film Festival is finally here.
And as Hollywood’s biggest stars take over Toronto for the next 10 days, the TTC is reminding the public of streetcar diversions and road closures during the festival.
Parts of King Street West will be closed to traffic for the annual Festival Street from Thursday, September 6 to Sunday, September 9.
The Festival Street events will result in the full closure of King Street West between Spadina and University Avenues from 5 am on September 6 until 5 am on September 10.
The road closure will also require changes to the 504 King, 514 Cherry and 304 King (night) streetcar services. John Street and Simcoe Street between King Street and Wellington Street will also be closed during the five-day period.
Routes 504/304 King, 514 Cherry: Diverting around King St. for TIFF from 5 a.m. Sept. 6 – 5 a.m. Sept 10. Visit https://t.co/JQObTkLkfy (Link: https://t.co/oh9ijSwb7Y) for more info and help planning your trip pic.twitter.com/Sf6epHydYY
— TTC Service Alerts (@TTCnotices) September 6, 2018
As per the TTC, the King Street diversions will be as follows:
503 Kingston Rd service
- Operating west on King Street, south on Church Street, west on Wellington Street, north on York Street and east on King Street to route.
504 King/514 Cherry/304 King (night)
- Westbound: West on King Street, north on York Street, west on Queen Street, south on Spadina Avenue and west on King Street to route.
- Eastbound: East on King Street, north on Spadina Avenue, east on Queen Street, south on Church Street and east on King Street to route.
- There will be no streetcar service on King Street between York Street and Spadina Avenue.
304 King (night bus service from 2 am to 6 am)
- Westbound from Parliament Street: South on Parliament Street, west on Front Street, north on Sherbourne Street, and west on King Street, and north on University Avenue, west on Richmond Street, south on Spadina Avenue, west on King Street, north on Bathurst Street to Wolseley Loop.
- Eastbound from Wolseley Loop: South on Bathurst Street, east on King Street, north on Spadina Avenue, east on Adelaide Street, south on University Avenue, east on King Street, and south on Parliament Street.
- Night routes will complete service until 6 am. Regular service will resume at 5 am on September 10.
Red carpet service diversions
Due to red carpet events on King Street, service diversions will apply during the following dates and times:
- September 10 from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm, 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm and 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- September 11 from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm and 8 pm to 9 pm.