It’s time to start planning your weekend, especially if you’re going to be heading downtown.
This weekend, there are a number of events and festivals resulting in road closures, in addition to a partial TTC closure.
On September 15 and 16, there will be no service on the portion of Line 1 Yonge-University between Sheppard West and Lawrence West stations, as TTC crews continue to install the Automated Train Control (ATC) signal system.
Shuttle buses will run, loading and offloading as follows:
- Lawrence West: load and offload inside the station.
- Yorkdale: TTC will provide a special shuttle bus to accommodate customers travelling to and from Yorkdale Mall. Customers can transfer between the Line 1 shuttle and the Yorkdale express on Dufferin St.
- Wilson: load and offload inside the station.
- Sheppard West: load and offload inside the station.
Wheel-Trans will be available upon request from any station throughout the weekend. Customers can speak with any TTC staff member for more information about service frequency.
Bloor West Village Toronto Ukrainian Festival
Bloor Street West between Jane Street and Runnymede Road will be closed Friday, September 14 at 9:30 am until Sunday, September 16 at midnight.
Roncesvalles Polish Festival
Roncesvalles Avenue between Queen Street West and Dundas Street West will be closed Saturday, September 15 at 5 am until Sunday, September 16 at midnight for the Roncesvalles Polish Festival.
Sunnybrook Foundation – RBC Race for the Kids
A series of road closures and lane restrictions will take place on Saturday, September 15 from 6 am to 2 pm in the area bounded by Sheppard Avenue in the south, Yonge Street in the east, Dufferin Street in the west and Steeles Avenue in the north.
Open Streets TO
The following road closures will be in effect from 8:30 am to 3 pm on Sunday, September 16:
- Bloor Street West between Montrose Avenue and Sherbourne Street
- Yonge Street between Bloor Street and Queen Street
Vehicles can cross Bloor Street at Grace Street/Christie Street, Bathurst Street, Spadina Avenue, Avenue Road, Bay Street, Church Street, Ted Rogers Way, and Sherbourne Street.
Vehicles can cross Yonge Street at Wellesley Street, College Street, Gerrard Street, Dundas Street, Shuter Street and Queen Street.