Another weekend, another series of road closures taking place throughout the city.
When planning out your weekend, make sure to keep these closures in mind and to give yourself enough time to reach your destination.
And while the TTC had originally scheduled a closure on Line 1: Lawrence to St Clair on June 16 and 17 it has since been cancelled.
Weekend event road closures:
Toronto Waterfront 10k Race
The Toronto Waterfront 10k Race takes place on Saturday, June 16 and will require a number of lane closures including:
• University Avenue will be closed from the south side of Dundas Street West to the north side of Queen Street West from 4:30 am to 9:30 am.
• Lake Shore Boulevard West, (westbound lanes) from the west side of Bathurst Street to the east side of British Columbia Drive from 4:30 am to 11:30 am.
• Lake Shore Boulevard West (eastbound lanes) from the east side of British Columbia Drive to the west side of Remembrance Drive from 4:30 am to 11:30 am.
The race route is bounded by Parkside Drive to the west, Lake Shore Boulevard West to the south, Dundas Street West to the north and University Avenue/York Street to the east.
A number of smaller local roads in the area will also be closed to accommodate this event. The full list of closures is available here.
Taste of Little Italy
The Taste of Little Italy will close down College Street between Bathurst and Shaw Streets from Friday, June 15 at 6 pm to Monday, June 18 at 3 am.
Highland Creek Heritage Festival
The Highland Creek Heritage Festival will close Old Kingston Road between Watson Road and Kingston Road, and Morrish Road between Kingston Road and the south side of 226 Morrish Road on Saturday, June 16 from 9 am to 4 pm.
Thrill of the Grill
Danforth Avenue between Broadview and Jackman Avenues will be closed on Saturday, June 16 from 7:30 am to 6 pm for Thrill of the Grill.
NXNE – North By North East
NXNE will be running all weekend and will close Yonge Street from Dundas Street West to Queen Street West (intersection open for traffic to use the Eaton Centre parking garage) and Dundas Square from Yonge Street to O’Keefe Lane from Friday, June 15 at 12:01 am to Monday, June 18 at 5 am.
Journey to Conquer Cancer Run/Walk
The Journey to Conquer Cancer Run/Walk takes place Sunday, June 17 and will close University Avenue between Bloor Street West and Wellington Streets from 8 am until noon.
A number of smaller local roads in the area will also be closed to accommodate this event.
Yorkville Exotic Car Show
The annual Yorkville Exotic Car Show takes place this Sunday, June 17 and will close Bloor Street West between Avenue Road and Bay Street from 6 am to 8 pm for the car show.
World Partnership Walk
The World Partnership Walk will cause the following closures on Sunday, June 17 from 10 am to 2:45 pm:
• King Street West, south curb lane, from David Pecaut Square to Simcoe Street
• Simcoe Street from King Street West to Wellington Street West (full road closure)
• Wellington Street West, westbound lanes from David Pecaut Square to Simcoe Street
• Wellington Street West from Simcoe Street to University Avenue (full road closure)
• University Avenue from Wellington Street West to the bottom end of Queen’s Park Circle (full road closure)
Family Fun Fit, Kids of Steel Triathlon
The Family Fun Fit, Kids of Steel Triathlon will close the westbound lanes of Kingston Road from the Danforth Avenue split to Birchmount Road on Saturday, June 16 from 7 am to 2 pm.