This hot week is nearing its close, and the weekend is definitely going to hit the spot.
Whether you’re planning on heading up north to the cottage or laying low in the city, if you are looking to drive, you’ll need to find alternative routes as some areas in the city will be closed for a variety of festivities.
Here’s where you should avoid if you’re planning on taking a drive…
- TTC air quality study finds pollutant levels are within occupational exposure limits
- Bike Share Toronto expands its network by adding over 100 new stations
- The Honda Indy is going to cause a number of major road closures this week
The following closures are currently in effect to accommodate this event:
- The southbound lanes on Strachan Avenue between Fleet Street and Lake Shore Boulevard West are fully closed until Sunday, July 14 at midnight.
- Lake Shore Boulevard West between Strachan Avenue and Ontario Drive is fully closed until 5:30 a.m. on Monday, July 15.
- Bloor Street West will be closed between Jane Street and Runnymede Road from 6 am to 11:30 pm on Saturday, July 13.
- Gerrard Street East between Coxwell Avenue and Glenside Avenue will be fully closed from Saturday, July 13 at 8 am until Monday, July 15 at 2 am.
- This event will also include closures on portions of the following local roads at Gerrard Street East including Woodfield Road, Hiawatha Road, Ashdale Avenue, Rhodes Avenue, Highfield Road, Woodfield Road, Ashdale Avenue, and Craven Road during the same period.