The annual Toronto Marathon returns this Sunday, May 6, bringing plenty of road closures.
The race starts at Mel Lastman Square at 7:30 am and will wind through the city’s downtown core before finishing at Ontario Place.
The main segment of the race will take place on Yonge Street from Finch Avenue to Davenport Road.
During the race, residents and visitors are encouraged to come out and enjoy this event and cheer on the runners.
Businesses in the areas affected will remain open to pedestrian traffic but some roads will be closed to vehicles.
Road closures will begin at 6 am Sunday morning, with some lane restrictions taking effect in the area bounded by Bayview Avenue in the east, South Kingsway in the west, Lake Shore Boulevard in the south and Finch Avenue in the north.
- Beecroft Road from Elmhurst Avenue to Horsham Avenue – 6 am to 9 am
- Ellerslie Avenue from Beecroft Road to Yonge Street – 7 am to 9 am
- Churchill Avenue from Beecroft Road. to Yonge Street – 7 am to 9 am
- North York Blvd. from Beecroft Road to Yonge Street – 6 am to 9 am
- Elmhurst Avenue from Beecroft Road to Yonge Street – 7 am to 9 am
- Park Home Avenue from Beecroft Road to Yonge Street – 7 am to 9 am
- Yonge Street from Horsham Avenue to Highway 401 – 7 am to 9 am
- Yonge Street from Highway 401 to York Mills Road – 7 am to 9 am
- Yonge Street from York Mills Road to Eglinton Avenue – 7 am to 10 am
- Yonge Street from Eglinton Avenue to Chaplin Crescent – 7:30 am to 10 am
- Yonge Street from Chaplin Crescent to Aylmer Road – 8:30 am to 10 am
- Chaplin Crescent from Yonge Street to Oriole Pkwy – 7:30 am to 10 am
- Oriole Pkwy from Chaplin Crescent to Lonsdale Road – 7:30 am to 10 am
- Lonsdale Road from Avenue Road to Spadina Road – 8 am to 10 am
- Forest Hill Road. from Lonsdale Road to Kilbarry Road – 8 am to 10 am
- Kilbarry Road. from Forest Hill Road. to Warren Roa – 8 am to 10 am
- Warren Road from Kilbarry Road to Lonsdale Road – 8 am to 10 am
- Spadina Road from Lonsdale Road to St. Clair Avenue West – 8 am to 10 am
- Spadina Road from St. Clair Avenue West to Austin Terrace – 8 am to 10 am
- Austine Terrace from Spadina Road to Walmer Road – 8 am to 10 am
- Walmer Road/Kendal Avenue from Austin Terrace to MacPherson Avenue – 8 am to 10 am
- MacPherson Avenue from Kendal Avenue to Davenport Road – 8 am to 10 am
- Davenport Road from MacPherson Avenue to Belmont Street – 8 am to 10 am
- Belmont Street from Davenport Road to Yonge Street – 8 am to 10 am
- Aylmer Avenue from Yonge Street to Rosedale Valley Road – 5:30 am to 10 am
- Rosedale Valley Road from Aylmer Road to Bayview Avenue – 5:30 am to 11 am
- Bayview Avenue from Rosedale Valley Road to Lower River Street – 7 am to 11 am
- Lower River Street from Bayview Avenue to King Street East – 7 am to 11 am
- King Street East from River Street to Sumach Street – 7 am to 11 am
- Sumach Street from King Street East to Eastern Avenue – 7 am to 11:30 am
- Eastern Avenue from Sumach Street to Front Street East – 7 am to 11:30 am
- Front Street East from Eastern Avenue to Wellington Avenue – 7 am to 11:30 am
- Wellington Street from Front Street East to John Street – 7 am to 11:30 am
- John Street from Wellington Street West to Front Street West – 7 am to 12 pm
- Front Street West from John Street to Bathurst Street – 7 am to 12 pm
- Bathurst Street from Front Street West to Fort York Blvd. – 7 am to 12:30 pm
- Fort York Blvd. from Bathurst Street to Lake Shore Blvd. – 7 am to 12:30 pm
- Marine Parade Drive from Humber Bay Park East to Waterfront Drive – 8 am to 2 pm
- Waterfront Drive from Marine Parade Drive to Palace Pier – 8:30 am to 2 pm
- Lakeshore Blvd. from Humber River to Remembrance Drive – 8:30 am to 3 pm
The following ramps on the Gardiner Expressway and the Don Valley Parkway will be closed to accommodate the marathon:
- The eastbound Gardiner Expressway ramp to Jarvis Street will be closed from 7 am to 10 am. Access to Lake Shore Boulevard will remain open.
- The westbound Gardiner Expressway ramp to Lake Shore Boulevard will be closed from 7 am to 3 pm.
- Access to westbound Lake Shore Boulevard will be closed at Spadina Avenue from 7 am to 3 pm.
- The Don Valley Parkway’s Bayview/Bloor ramp to Bayview Avenue will be closed from 7 am to 3 pm.