It’s playoff season in the city, and for the first time since 2002, Toronto fans have multiple
reasons teams to celebrate.
For the first time in 15 years, the Toronto Raptors and the Toronto Maple Leafs are heading to the playoffs at the same time.
And to celebrate, Jurassic Park will be transformed into a sports party central.
MLSE announced on Monday that Leafs and Raps fans will be able to check out their sports teams inside and outside of the Air Canada centre.
A ‘2017 Playoffs Fan Plan’ includes tailgate parties, massive split screen broadcasts, and playoff swag for fans.
The Playoff Tailgate Parties in Maple Leaf Square will include:
- From game to game, Air Canada Centre will become a playoff hub for whichever team is playing at home. If the Leafs or Raptors are playing within the arena, the tailgate party in Maple Leaf Square will also be dedicated exclusively to that team
- Both the Leafs and Raptors will host tailgate parties for away games, provided the other team is not playing a home game at the same time
- If both teams play on the same day at different times, Maple Leaf Square will transition from one team’s tailgate party to the other after the first game of the day has concluded
- If both teams play away games on the same day, at the same time, the Bremner Board will feature a split screen broadcast with both games shown simultaneously
- If two games are being shown, Maple Leaf Square will also feature additional, smaller support screens
Tailgates open two hours prior to tip-off or puck drop, and fans are encouraged to enter from Lakeshore Blvd & Bay Street.
And keep in mind, parts of the Gardiner Expressway will be closed starting April 17.
Playoffs start this week. So grab those jerseys and get ready to represent your city, Toronto!