If one thing’s for certain, Toronto is a great place to live if you’re looking to jumpstart your career.
And believe us, we understand how overwhelming it can be to sort through all of the incredible companies and find one that you’re actually interested in.
But luckily for you, we’ve gone and done the hard work for you and rounded up 12 innovative companies in the city that are not only hiring, but currently have TONS of openings!
So, whether you’re in need of extra cash or happen to be desperate for a new career, these 12 local companies have you covered.
- Who: Hubdoc helps automate bookkeeping. Their software auto-fetches key financial docs, seamlessly syncs them with accounting software and helps audit-proof businesses. With Hubdoc, businesses can say goodbye to chasing documents and data entry and say hello to increased productivity and automation.
- Jobs: Hubdoc is in growth mode and currently hiring for Senior Full Stack Developers, Development Team Lead(s), Junior Developers, Inside Sales, Customer Support, Marketing & Sales Operations, Events Marketing Manager, Social Media Manager, Content Marketing Manager, and a Product Marketing Manager.
- Perks: Hubdoc is known for their awesome culture and it can be felt the minute you walk through their doors. Employees can enjoy weekly lunches, a stocked kitchen filled with a wide variety of healthy snacks, a phenomenal cereal bar, mounds of fresh fruit daily, unlimited vacation, and regular team outings.
- More: You can learn more about each of these roles on Hubdocs career page.
- Who: RateHub is Canada’s leading financial comparison platform. Launched in 2010, RateHub.ca started solely as a mortgage rate comparison website; five years later, it is now a fully-functioning financial comparison platform website with more than 300,000 monthly users.
- Jobs: RateHub is looking to add a content marketing specialist and a social media coordinator to its team.
- Perks: RateHub offers a friendly, innovative and collaborative work environment in downtown Toronto.
- More: You can learn more about these roles here.
- Who: BiblioCommons is a platform for discovery and connection around books, movies, and music. The Toronto-based company develops front-end interactive catalog and web services which encompass all of a library’s online presence including a mobile-responsive social catalogue; a catalogue-integrated website and events service, and mobile apps.
- Perks: Aside from joining a smart, dedicated and fun team, you’ll get to experience a high level of collaboration within and between our project teams, demo sessions every Friday, followed by social time, and company events throughout the year, like hackathons and all-staff activities.
- More: You can learn more about these roles on the BiblioCommons job page.
- Who: Kira Systems is a fast-growing Toronto-based software company. We equip enterprises with intuitive, easy-to-use software tools for uncovering relevant information from their contracts and related documents.
- Jobs: Kira is currently looking to hire a client support associate, clojure web developer, lead QA developer, performance developer, and a sales operations associate.
- Perks: Kira works with some of the world’s largest corporations, law firms, and professional service firms which gives employees the opportunity to work hard, learn lots, and the chance to grow within the company.
- More: You can find information about each of these roles on the Kira career page.
- There's an unclaimed lottery ticket for one million dollars in Toronto
- You can fly from Toronto to Europe for $90 this spring
- Federal government writes off $178.4 million in uncollected student loans
- Who: JUICE Mobile is a premium, full-service mobile advertising technology and attribution firm, that concentrates on tackling emerging industry challenges. Since its inception in 2010, JUICE Mobile has focused on providing innovative mobile solutions and cutting edge tools for advertisers.
- Jobs: Currently, there are openings in the following departments: ad operations, client services, creative services, engineering, marketing, and sales.
- Perks: As a MOBILE Juice employee, you’ll be working in a collaborative environment that has a unique and fun culture. You’ll always be busy and you’ll constantly be learning new things.
- More: You can learn more about these departments and the specific job openings on the JUICE Mobile career page.
- Who: Brainrider is a quickly growing B2B marketing services company that helps clients deliver better marketing results through relevant content, objectives-based website strategy, and lead generation programs.
- Jobs: Currently, the company is looking to fill the following roles: B2B Marketing and Business Development Manager, B2B Marketing Programs Manager, Intermediate WordPress Developer, B2B Marketing Coordinator, B2B Marketing Specialist, Content Developer, and B2B Content Manager.
- Perks: You’ll get to work in the heart of Toronto’s Queen West strip, in an open-concept space designed for team collaboration, playlist sharing, gourmet chocolate sampling, and consuming copious amounts of our bottomless tasty coffee.
- More: You can learn about each of these exciting roles on the Become a Rider page.
- Who: Based in Toronto, Powered By Dashboard is a product innovation company focused on improving online experiences and developing product solutions to help today’s marketer.
- Jobs: Powered By Dashboard is looking to grow its team of creative thinkers and hire an account supervisor and a digital/print designer (junior).
- Perks: You’ll get to work in a downtown office, steps from the TTC, and you’ll get to join a collaborative team of smart and driven professionals.
- More: You can find more information about these roles and the company on the career page.
- Who: Konrad Group is a global leader in the enterprise and consumer technology space, and provides consulting, design, development and application management services, with an emphasis on building compelling user experiences. Konrad Group’s Design-Driven Technology approach has delivered solutions in use by over 20 million people in 50 countries around the globe.
- Jobs: The Toronto office is currently looking to hire a Senior UI/UX Designer, User Experience Designer, Java Developer, UI/UX Designer, Consultant, Strategy and Technology, Full Stack Developer, UI/UX Design Intern, Graduate Web Developer, and a Web Development Intern.
- Perks: Konrad Group employees receive competitive salaries, healthcare package, a device plan, team activities, game nights, and team lunches and events.
- More: You can find details about each of these roles and learn how to apply on the career page.
- Who: GALE is a full-service digital marketing agency that brings together strategy, creativity, and technology to deliver impactful user experiences for brands.
- Jobs: Currently, GALE has 19 positions available, with positions ranging from senior developer and SEO specialist to production designer and senior art director.
- Perks: You’ll get to work with some pretty incredible human beings in an awesome open concept office which encourages collaboration and have access to yummy food and snacks.
- More: You can find information on every opening on the GALE careers page .
- Who: The DMZ (formerly the Digital Media Zone) at Ryerson University is one of Canada’s largest business incubators for emerging tech startups. The top-ranked university incubator in Canada and fifth in the world, it helps startups succeed by connecting them with customers, advisors, influencers and other entrepreneurs.
- Jobs: Currently, DMZ is looking to fill positions for their numerous startups with openings for a head of customer success, technical product manager (analytics), android mobile developer, and a junior marketer.
- Perks: The company doesn’t have any job perks listed currently on its site, but you’ll get to work for one of Toronto’s most innovative businesses that has helped grow over 266 startups and raised over $280 million in funding.
- More: You can learn more about these opportunities on the DMZ job board.
- Who: Nascent is a digital consultancy, with a focus on designing and creating impactful digital products with its partners.
- Jobs: Currently, Nascent is looking to grow its team and hire a mobile developer, full stack developer, senior software engineer, senior UX/UI designer, and a design intern.
- Perks: In addition getting to work alongside some great people and in a awesome work environment, Nascent has a strong compensation plan that includes opportunities for fun, support for personal development, as well as vision, dental, and medical benefits.
More: You can learn more about each of these roles on the Nascent career page.
- Who: TAXI is a marketing and advertising agency that uses an integrated approach to build powerful brands.
- Jobs: Currently, the Toronto TAXI office is looking to hire a creative and print production coordinator (TEAM FIDO) and an account manager.
- Perks: You’ll get to work for a fun advertising agency with really awesome people in a great office environment where everyone works hard and collaborates together.
More: You can learn more about these positions on the TAXI career page.