FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Thu, May 25, 11:00am
Discover Sephora Illumination powered by Colour iQ, Sephora Canada’s free immersive installation in Toronto celebrating the beauty of diversity in Canada
If you’re looking for a fun way to spend your Thursday evenings this summer, the Toronto Botanical Garden (TBG) will be hosting a free weekly concert series set within the natural beauty of grounds.
Taking place on Thursday evenings from July 5 through to August 23, the summer music series will take place within the TBG and Edwards Garden.
General seating is available or guests can bring their own chairs so they can sit with friends and family.
The opening concert will kick off Thursday, July 5, with a salsa night hosted by Jaymz Bee and music by Cimarron. Guests can also look forward to free salsa lessons starting at 6 pm.
Additionally, guests can make a flower crown or put on a free glitter tattoo, get something to eat or drink at the expanded licensed outdoor patio, visit the Botanical Bar, check out the garden’s farmers’ market, explore the garden, or stop by the gift shop.
This year’s lineup of performers includes:
- July 5: Toronto salsa group Cimarron
- July 12: Toronto-based jazz saxophonist Michael Massaro
- July 19: Flamenco artist Ritmo Flamenco
- July 26: Opera Singer and pop/musical theatre phenomenon Cassandra Warner & Marc Devigne
- August 2: Zimbabwean performers Nhapitapi
- August 9: R&B vocalist Maiko Watson Ensemble featuring Okan and Ammoye
- August 16: Toronto Jazz Orchestra
- August 23: West African drumming featuring Ms. Coco Murray
Concerts are held rain or shine and will be relocated indoors in the case of extreme weather.
Free Summer Concert Series
When: July 5 to August 23
Time: 7 pm to 8:30 pm
Where: Toronto Botanical Garden, 777 Lawrence Avenue East
Price: Free admission