Two people were injured and one is recovering in hospital with life-threatening injuries following a shooting in the city’s north end on Tuesday evening.
Police say officers were called to the area of Jane Street and Yorkwoods Gate, near Finch Ave, just before 8:30 pm on Tuesday after receiving reports of multiple gunshots.
When officers arrived on scene, they located two injured victims and several shell casings.
According to police, one victim was suffering from serious injuries and one was taken to a trauma centre to be treated for life-threatening injuries.
- Fatal brazen Mississauga shooting near ice cream truck was targeted: police
- One dead, others injured after shooting in Mississauga Saturday evening
- Man charged with first degree murder after woman killed in machete attack
Police said several units were on scene investing the incident, including K9.
As a result, Jane Street was closed in both directions from Grandravine to YorkWoods Gate and drivers were asked to use an alternate route.
Jane St and Yorkwoods Gate
– Several units including K9 are OS investigating
– several shell casings located
– Jane St is now closed in both directions from Grandravine to YorkWoods Gate
– Please use an alternate route#GO1790515^adc
— Toronto Police Operations (@TPSOperations) September 18, 2019
Police have not released a description of the suspect at this time.