As is customary at this time of year, Toronto traffic will be subject to numerous road closures this weekend.
In addition to the significant amount of road work taking place across the city–they do say Toronto only has two seasons: winter and construction–there are also two big events that will shut down city streets this Saturday and Sunday in Toronto.
Weekend event road closures happening this weekend include:
Saturday, May 13
University of Toronto Science Rendezvous
The massive science fair will close St. George Street to traffic in both directions from College Street to Harbord Street from 6 am to 6 pm on Saturday.
Sunday, May 14
Sporting Life 10k Run
Yonge Street between Lawrence Avenue and Eglinton Avenue to be closed 4:30 am to 10:30 am on Sunday. Closures will occur along the route between 7:30 am and 11:30 am at the following locations:
- Yonge Street between Eglinton Avenue and Richmond Street
- Richmond Street from Yonge Street to Peter Street
- Peter Street/Blue Jays Way between Richmond Street and Front Street
- Westbound Front Street between Blue Jays Way and Bathurst Street
- Bathurst Street from Front Street to Fort York Boulevard
- Fort York Boulevard from Bathurst Street to Fleet Street.
Expect delays on Lake Shore Boulevard at Fort York Boulevard as runners enter Coronation Park. Intersections will reopen to traffic after all the runners pass. All roads are expected to be reopened by 12:30 pm.
Compounding the traffic woes further still: Don’t forget that the TTC will also close part of Line 2 for track work this Saturday.