Peel Regional Police are warning the public of a series of sexual assaults that have recently taken place in Brampton and Mississauga.
According to police, three separate attacks have occurred since September, with the most recent assault taking place earlier this week.
“The suspect approached the victims who were inside a bus shelter and proceeded to expose himself and sexually assault the victims,” police said.
The first reported incident happened on September 24 just after 11 pm in the area of Sandalwood Parkway and Conestoga Drive in Brampton.
The second and third incidents occurred on October 13 and October 17, at a bus shelter near Burnhamthorpe and Creditview roads in Mississauga.
The suspect is described as a Black man with medium complexion, about five-feet, ten-inches tall and with a medium build. He is bald with some facial hair, according to police.
Police also said they believe there may have been additional assaults by the same person and they encourage any potential victims or witnesses to get in touch with Peel’s special victims unit.
Investigators also offered personal safety tips to commuters:
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Try to stick to main routes and travel with a person you trust when possible, especially in the evening
- Always be cautious if a stranger encroaches upon your personal space
- Don’t use earbuds while walking
- Avoid shortcuts through secluded and dark areas