FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Family Day in Toronto means there’s a whole extra day of sleeping-in and/or rafting this weekend.
This guide will come in handy should you run out of eggs or choose to leave the house (after all, it is going to be quite nice out) on Monday, February 20.
TTC will operate on holiday service with subway and most routes starting at 6 am. Any routes that do not normally operate on Sundays, will not operate on Family Day.
- 31 things to do in Toronto this Family Day weekend: February 17-20
- 25 great places in Ontario to go ice fishing during Family Day weekend
- Toronto just got a brand new public skating rink downtown
- Movie theatres across the city will be open. Check your local listings for show times.
- Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue): Brewer’s Backyard returns for Family Day, 11 am to 5 pm
- The Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Road): 10 am to 5 pm
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada (288 Bremner Boulevard): open 9 am to 11 pm
- The Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queen’s Park, Toronto): 10 am to 7 pm
- The Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Road): 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
While many will be closed on Family Day these grocery stores will be open.
- Bloor Superfresh (384 Bloor Street West): open 24 hours
- Food Depot (155 Dupont Street): open 24 hours
- Kitchen Table (10 Queens Quay West): 9 am to 12 am; (389 Spadina Road) – 7 am to 12 am; (595 Bay Street) 10 am to 10 pm; (705 King St. West): 9 am to 9 pm
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street): 10 am to 6 pm
- Rabba Fine Food (various locations): open 24 hours
- T&T (222 Cherry Street, Toronto): 9 am to 10 pm; (7070 Warden Avenue): 9 am to 11 pm; (9255 Woodbine Ave.) 9 am to 11 pm; (1 Promenade Circle) 9 am to 10 pm; (8339 Kennedy Rd, Markham) 9 am to 10 pm
- Whole Foods (87 Avenue Road, Toronto): 10 am to 6 pm
LCBO & Beer Stores
- All LCBO and Beer Stores will be closed on Family Day, Sunday, January 1
- Many local craft breweries will be open, but calling ahead is advised.
- The Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Avenue East, Markham): 11 am to 8 pm
- The Eaton Centre (220 Yonge Street): 10 am to 6 pm
- Square One (100 City Centre Drive, Mississauga): 10 am to 6 pm
- Vaughan Mills (1 Bass Pro Mills Drive, Concord): 10 am to 7 pm
- Toronto Premium Outlets (13850 Steeles Avenue West, Halton Hills) : 9:30 am to 7 pm
- Bramalea City Centre (25 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton): 11 am to 6 pm