Family Day in Toronto means there’s a whole extra day of sleeping in this weekend. Oh yeah, it also means spending quality time with your loved ones.
Regardless of who you plan on spending the upcoming long weekend with, this guide will come in handy should you run out of eggs or choose to leave the house on the stat holiday: Monday, February 18, 2019.
- Gilmore Girls Fan Fest is heading to this picturesque Ontario town this fall
- GO Transit bus making its debut at 2019 Canadian International AutoShow
- Cirque du Soleil's Algeria is coming to Ontario Place this fall
The TTC will operate on holiday service with subway and most routes starting at 6 am. Any routes that do not normally operate on Sundays, will not operate on Family Day.
- Museum of Illusions (132 Front Street East): 10 am to 8 pm
- Art Gallery of Ontario (317 Dundas Street West): 10:30 am to 4 pm
- The Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Road): 10 am to 5 pm
- CN Tower (301 Front Street West): 9 am to 10:30 pm
- Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue): 10 am to 5 pm
- Hockey Hall of Fame (30 Yonge Street): 10 am to 5 pm
- The Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queen’s Park): 11 am to 3 pm
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada (288 Bremner Boulevard): open 9 am to 11 pm
- The Toronto Zoo (2000 Meadowvale Road): 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Movie theatres across the city will be open. Check your local listings for show times.
While many will be closed on Family Day, these grocery stores will be open:
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street): 8 am to 8 pm
- Metro (444 Yonge Street): open 24 hours
- Rabba (various locations): open 24 hours
- Food Depot (155 Dupont Street): open 24 hours
- Bloor Superfresh (384 Bloor Street West): open 24 hours
- The Kitchen Table (various locations): Call your nearest location for hours.
- T&T Supermarket (various locations): Call your nearest location for hours.
- Pusateri’s (Saks Food Hall, 176 Yonge Street) 11 am to 7 pm; (57 Yorkville Avenue): 9 am to 6 pm; (1539 Avenue Road) 8 am to 6 pm
- Galleria Supermarket (7040 Yonge Street): 24 hours; (865 York Mills Road) 7 am to midnight; (558 Yonge Street) 7 am to midnight; (351 Bloor Street) 7 am to midnight
LCBO & Beer Stores
- All LCBO and Beer Stores will be closed on Family Day
- Many local craft breweries will be open, but calling ahead is advised.
- The Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Avenue East, Markham): 11 am to 8 pm
- The Eaton Centre (220 Yonge Street): 11 am to 7 pm
- Square One (100 City Centre Drive, Mississauga): 11 am to 6 pm
- Toronto Premium Outlets (13850 Steeles Avenue West, Halton Hills): 9:30 am to 7 pm
- Bramalea City Centre (25 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton): 11 am to 6 pm