New and incoming Toronto restaurants: Plancha, Six Brewing, Virtuous Pie
Jul 20 2017, 8:02 pm
This weekly round-up spotlights new Toronto restaurants and bars plus incoming establishments that you should have on your radar.
Here are the newest places to eat in Toronto right now:
- Alchemy Food & Drink celebrates their grand opening tomorrow,, July 21 at 890 College Street.
- In Bloordale, Baked on Brock is newly open and serving up a menu of fresh baked goods, sandwiches, and ice creams at 615c Brock Avenue.
- The rooftop patio and lounge, and ground floor cafe/champagne bar are now open to the public at The Broadview Hotel. Still to come, Civic restaurant.
- Garden Gangsters sophomore location in Liberty Village is now open at 171 East Liberty Street.
- Gyro Bar at 731 Broadview Avenue is now open and slinging Greek classics.
- Dundas West has gained a new espresso bar with the opening of walk-up window The Nugget, at 761 Dundas Street West.
- Vietnamese noodle house, Pho East just opened at 610 Gerrard Street East.
- Skippa, a new spot for “seasonal Japanese cuisine” is now open at 379 Harbord Street.
- Classic Italian-American red sauce dishes are on the menu at Sugo, newly open at 1281 Bloor Street West.
- Giro D’Italia Ristorante is in the works at 8740 Jane Street, Unit 16 in Vaughan.
- Mabel’s is opening its fourth location in The Junction at 2755 Dundas West just east of Keele.
- Mean Bao is opening a new spot on Roncy. A fourth location for the bao makers is in the works at 2210 Roncesvalles Avenue.
- Plancha, a new spot billing itself as “Educated Street Food… inspired by culinary epicentres like Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Greece, and Italy,” is opening this August at 44 Victoria Street.
- NOW reports that Ryus Noodle Bar is relocating to 786 Broadview Avenue following a devastating fire this spring.
- Signs are up for Six Brewing at 777 Dundas Street West where Susur Lee’s restaurant Bent used to be.
- Virtuous Pie is coming to Toronto. The popular vegan pizza going from Vancouver is slated to open at 611 College Street in January 2018.
- Inside The Broadview Hotel: The former Jilly's strip club (PHOTOS)
- Inside Copetín: Chef Claudio Aprile's new Toronto restaurant (PHOTOS)
- Inside King Taps: Toronto's newest destination for pizza and beer (PHOTOS)